Violence is a Trash that Should Be Taken out of Home
Secretariat of the Ukrainian Child Rights Network have supported an international campaign “16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence”, realized in Ukraine by our partners The Ukrainian Foundation for Public Health. The campaign was held under the motto “Violence is a Trash that Should Be Taken out of Home”.
International campaign “16 Days of Activism Against Gender Violence” was initiated in 1991 by the Women’s Global Leadership Institute. The campaign begins on November 25 – International Day Against Violence Against Women – and ends with International Human Rights Day on December 10.
The campaign aims to end violence against women through:
- raising awareness about gender-based violence as a human rights issue at the local, national, regional and international levels;
- strengthening local work around violence against women;
- establishing a clear link between local and international work to end violence against women;
- providing a forum in which organizers can develop and share new and effective strategies;
- demonstrating the solidarity of women around the world organizing against violence against women;
- creating tools to pressure governments to implement promises made to eliminate violence against women.
This 16-day period also highlights other significant dates including December 1, World AIDS Day, December 2 International Day Against Slavery, December 3 International Day of Disabled Persons, 5 December International Volunteer Day, and December 6, which marks the Anniversary of the Montreal Massacre.
Thus, almost every day from November 25th till December 10th is marked with facts and arguments that any form of violence (in public or private areas) is a violation of human rights.