The project “Let’s Find a Child” within the framework of the Council of Europe project “Combating Violence Against Children in Ukraine” – PHASE III
Project objectives: Searching for and creating a database of children left without care during the war and assessing their needs. Developing recommendations for individual support and maintenance programs.
1. Collecting data and preparing a report based on data and information analysis to identify children in each region of Ukraine who have been left without care and need support as a result of the war.
2. Create a database of children left without care (including, if necessary, families hosting children displaced by war).
3. Assessment of the needs of children and host families and development of recommendations for an individual program of support and accompaniment of children.
4. 4. Hold an online event at the national level with the participation of state authorities to present the report, database and plans for the necessary assistance and support.
Project duration: September – November 2022.
- 367 children left without care during the war were found, of which: more than 304 cases were processed and fully meet the goal and objectives; 28 cases were identified as “related”. That is, among these children, there are no those who have lost their parents (legal representatives) or have been separated from them for different periods of time due to hostilities, but they indicate the need for assistance to specific children, so these cases were processed and the children were considered by the project as beneficiaries.
- A database of children left without care during the war was created.
- A rapid assessment of the needs of children and host families was carried out, which covered more than 180 children and provided recommendations for an individual support and follow-up program.
- The analytical report “Identification of children in each region of Ukraine who were left without care and need support as a result of the war” was prepared and sent to the Ministry of Social Policy and the National Social Service of Ukraine for further response.
- 30.11.2023 – an online presentation of the project results was held with the participation of representatives of government and local governments at all levels, CSOs, and representatives of donor organizations.