THE WAY HOME PROJECT
In this project, we aim to find and return as many children illegally/forcibly displaced to Russia and the temporarily occupied territories to Ukraine as possible and create an effective and as safe a mechanism for return as possible.
Within the framework of this project, the UMDP will search for children illegally/forcibly displaced to the Russian Federation and the temporarily occupied territories, help them return to the territory of free Ukraine, and support the families of these children by preparing families for reunification and further supporting reunified families.
1. Create a system of emergency response to appeals from officials and families whose children have been illegally/forcibly transferred to the Russian Federation or the temporarily occupied territories (TOT) of Ukraine;
2. Develop effective algorithms for reuniting illegally/forcibly removed children with their families;
3. Create and implement a system of support for returned children (by identifying and addressing the basic social and psychological needs of families whose children have been returned from russia or tOT);
4. Develop and implement the communication campaign “It’s not scary to bring a child home”;
5. Ensure proper implementation of SCI’s Child and Adult Protection Policy (CSG, PSEA, anti-harassment).
May 15 – November 15, 2023.
Territory of implementation:
Kharkiv, Donetsk, Luhansk, Kherson, and Zaporizhzhia regions, with the number of regions to be expanded if necessary.
The Ukrainian Child Rights Network is implementing a large-scale project CHILDREN UA: MISSION – RETURN, aimed at finding and returning home children forcibly displaced to Russia or the temporarily occupied territories of Ukraine. Part of it is the “WAY HOME” project, which is implemented in partnership with Save the Children in Ukraine.
Our other partners are: Ministry of Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine, EDUKIDS Charitable Foundation, Media Initiative for Human Rights, Istanbul for Ukraine.
Anyone who cares can help us in this endeavor, which requires and will continue to require considerable resources. Click the SUPPORT US button and make your contribution.